Best University of Miami Accelerated Nursing Program In 2020 –
Nursing career is one of the most respected professions in the United States and you can obtain a quick and accelerated degree in Nursing. All you need is to explore and apply for the university of Miami Accelerated Nursing program.
This program affords you a BSN within a period of 12 months and it is for individuals who hold undergraduate degrees in other fields
In this writing, we shall exhaustively explore the Accelerated Nursing Program at the University of Miami which is the University of Miami Accelerated BSN program, its accreditation, contact, and scholarship opportunities.
About University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies
The University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies has a world-class health education program. Its faculties and staff include some of the country’s leading educators, clinicians and scientists, a sophisticated curriculum, and more than 170 clinical partners who together offer one of the best health education programs in the world.
Graduates from the University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies are pioneers at the forefront of some of the best healthcare and research institutes in the world.
As the next generation of clinicians and scientists, our graduates will play an important role in the transformation and future of global healthcare.
Her faculty includes some of the most talented educators, clinicians, and research experts found in every healthcare facility in the world. You have the opportunity to participate in local and international research efforts by key faculties, which often lead to publication in international health and medical journals and presentations at leading health conferences around the world.
University of Miami Accelerated BSN program
The University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies’ accelerated BSN program was developed to meet the ever-changing needs of today’s nurses.
The Accelerated BSN Program is a fast-track program with start dates in May and January and is perfect for students who want to get their BSN in just 12 months.
The curriculum includes a mix of clinical and classroom training to ensure that our Accelerated BSN students are ready for their NCLEX exam and clinical practice in one year.
Practical support is an essential part of the curriculum. Working with a variety of 170 clinical partners, including the University of Miami Hospital, provides excellent clinical education and training to ensure unmatched patient care.
Also available is the state-of-the-art M. Christine Schwartz Center for Nursing and Health Studies, which provides nursing and health science students with a first-class learning environment in the heart of the beautiful Coral Gables campus.
University of Miami Accelerated BSN program Accreditation
Our Accelerated BSN students consistently achieve some of the highest NCLEX scores in South Florida and the nation.
The BSN Accelerated Program at the School of Nursing & Health Studies at the University of Miami is accredited by the Collegiate Nursing Education Commission.
The school offers an accelerated B.S.N. Program for people with a bachelor’s degree in other areas and an online B.S.N. Program for people who already have R.N.s. Our master’s program (M.S.N.) offers advanced specialized training in the following areas: family doctor and acute / family doctor.
University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies Simulation Center
The UM Simulation Center is a unique facility that not only prepares health scientists and students for clinical practice but also functions as an international global center for product design, development of simulation education, interdisciplinary training, and disaster preparedness.
The center plans to create logs for catastrophic events such as mass casualties and outbreaks of infectious diseases. The university also plans to work with industry partners to research and develop new healthcare technologies.
The building consists of 5 floors, on the ground floor there are examination rooms for healthcare students working with standardized patients and an emergency room with ambulance spaces.
In addition to training ED staff, this floor is used for mass accidents and exercises to simulate natural disasters. It includes an auditorium with 300 seats, classrooms, offices, and video conference functions.
The UM SONHS Simulation Hospital takes the training of health professionals to a new level. So far, the scope and capacity of simulation training have been unequaled.
University of Miami Accelerated Nursing Program Admission Process
The University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies only reviews completed applications.
Applications for this program must be submitted through NursingCAS at http://www.nursingcas.org/.
Simply create an account, search for this program for your intended entry semester and take the necessary steps to apply online.
Questions about the NursingCAS application portal should be directed to NursingCAS.
University of Miami Accelerated Nursing Program Admission Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing at a regionally recognized institution. Applications are continuously processed and checked.
The admissions staff starts processing applications as soon as they are received and releases the decisions as soon as they are made by the admissions committee.
- Official transcripts for each facility visited must be sent directly to NursingCAS by the registrar of the issuing facility.
- Applicants must list all institutions that were visited in the “Visited Universities” section under “Academic History”, even if no degree was awarded.
- Applicants with international transcripts should read the following section “Additional requirements for international transcripts”. International degrees must match those in the United States.
- Applicants must enter college-level courses, including current courses, from any institution previously visited in the Transcript Entry section of Academic History.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- Chemistry with laboratory / Human anatomy with laboratory / Human growth and development / Human physiology / Introduction to psychology / Microbiology / Nutrition and statistics
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic source
- Complete the References section to request electronic recommendations.
- Declaration of purpose (250-650 words)
- Discuss the reasons for applying for the Accelerated BSN program at the University of Miami and how it fits personal, educational, and professional goals.
- Upload on the “Documents” tab under “Personal Statement”.
- Current curriculum vitae that includes work and volunteer activities, licenses and other certifications, awards, professional associations, and academic experience.
- Upload on the “Documents” tab under “CV / CV”.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must pass the Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Note: Students whose native language is not English but who have attended a regionally recognized higher education institution in the United States and have a degree are exempt from the TOEFL / IELTS requirement.
- Applicants using WES can request that their completed reviews be sent electronically to NursingCAS,
- Students wishing to mail their full review to NursingCAS must request that they are sent directly to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
- Applications are checked on a case-by-case basis. The faculty of the SONHS reserves the right to waive requests or request additional information at any time.
- Students who choose to send their complete evaluation to NursingCAS by mail must request it be sent directly by the evaluation company to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
- Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Faculty of the SONHS reserve the right to waive any requirement or request additional information at any time.
University of Miami Accelerated Nursing Program Tuition Fee
Applicants who are admitted to the program must provide a $1,000 non-refundable deposit and a $1,440 maintenance fee as specified in the admission letter within two weeks of admission.
The deposit is counted towards the tuition fees in the first semester of the students.
Tuition fees for the current 55 credit program: $40,000.00 and for the spring semester program: $42,000.00
Students must bring a laptop to class, buy books and equipment necessary to meet the course requirements.
If you want to study for your Nursing career in a quality school in the United States, you may need to attend a private Nursing school. Click the link below to explore the
13 Private Nursing Schools in California
University of Miami Accelerated Nursing Program Contact
School of Nursing and Health Studies
P.O. Box 248153
Coral Gables, FL 33124
University of Miami Accelerated Nursing Program ScholarshipAANA Foundation
The AANA Foundation offers scholarships for doctoral students to advance anesthesia science through education and research.
Nurse managers wishing to earn a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing should apply for this program. Scholarship holders submit an individual professional development plan as the basis for their inquiry.
The applicants assess their knowledge and qualification gaps, then describe the desired learning outcomes and how they assess their success.
As part of our ongoing efforts to provide financial support and education with world-class performance, Pacific Medical Training is implementing its 2020 ACLS scholarship for healthcare providers to support studies, support an entire medical school, and gain a career lead.
Grant of a $1,000 grant to the author of the winning essay and free access to one of our courses for three runners-up.
The AACN/AfterCollege grants support students who are aiming for a high school diploma, a master’s degree, or a doctorate in nursing. Four grants totaling $2,500 are awarded throughout the year.
The Florida Navy Nurse Corps Association Scholarship Committee has established a fund to award scholarships to deserving nursing students and / or nurses to continue their studies for a high school diploma or a degree in nursing.
The amount of each reward is $1500 and goes directly to the recipient.
FAQs | University of Miami Accelerated Nursing ProgramDoes University of Miami have a good nursing program?
The University of Miami is ranked No. 27 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master’s and No. 31 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice. Schools are ranked according to their performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
What GPA do you need to get into University of Miami?
The average GPA at University of Miami is 3.5. With a GPA of 3.5, University of Miami requires you to be around average in your high school class. You’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s, and very few C’s.
How difficult is accelerated nursing program?
Accelerated Nursing School is Challenging
It is supposed to bring out the best in students and prepare them for a mentally- and physically-challenging career. Professors expect a great deal from their students and often push them to do their very best.
Having understood this piece, you are now fully equipped to apply for your Nursing studies through the University of Miami accelerated nursing program which offers you an opportunity to obtain a BSN in the shortest period of time. Take advantage of it now.
SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!