National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) 2021
Application for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funding is now open for applications for all new South African students. Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree programs at the University of the Free State (UFS).
UFS is a research-led, student-centered, and regionally-engaged university that contributes to general development and social justice through the production of globally competitive graduates and knowledge. UFS vision, mission, and values help us to ‘keep our eye on the ball’. This is where we start when we make decisions, plan our future, and evaluate what we have done.
The University of the Free State (UFS) is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in South Africa. It opened its doors in 1904 on the Bloemfontein Campus with a mere six students in the Humanities.
Since then, UFS has grown to more than 31 000 students and spread across seven faculties over three campuses. In addition to the founding campus, the university has a South Campus in Bloemfontein.
This smaller campus provides alternative access to higher education for promising students who have not obtained the required marks in their final school examinations.
UFS vibrant Qwaqwa Campus in the Eastern Free State serves a rapidly-growing number of rural students from the immediate area and surrounding provinces.
The changes taking place at the university continue to capture the imagination of people everywhere, including the international media, and the growing base of international universities, Inspiring excellence and transforming lives.
These objectives are the driving forces at the heart of the UFS. Through its Human and Academic Projects, UFS is a university internationally recognized for human reconciliation and compassion as well as for excellence in academic achievement.
What You Need To Know About National Student Financial Aid Scheme
The South African Government set up the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to provide students with financial assistance to cover the cost for registration and tuition and to provide them with allowances for books, food, transport, and accommodation. This student financial aid scheme is accessible in UFS.
Level / Field of Study:
The USF National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is available to students who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree programs.
The list of courses eligible for this scholarship include:
The scholarship is to be taken in South Africa.
Only South African citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The NSFAS provides financial assistance to cover the cost for registration and tuition as well as to provide them with allowances for books, food, transport, and accommodation.
Applicants for NSFAS must meet the following criteria:
- Be a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 or less, who is registered at UFS, and have not been approved for the NSFAS funding in 2020
- Be a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 or less, who is registered at UFS, but have not applied for the NSFAS funding before
- Be a South African citizen with a household income of R350 000 or less and plans to study at a public university or TVET College in 2020 and require funding.
How To Apply For National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Before applying for the NSFAS, make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
• Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
• ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
• Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
• A completed and signed consent form must be filled in with your parent’s/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete
• If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A, complete it, and submit it with your application
Scholarship Applications Deadline:
The application is always open.
Scholarship Link WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka: Scholarships, Admission, Courses Offered, Tuition Fee, Ranking.
- STUDY IN KEIO UNIVERSITY: ADMISSION, TUITION FEES, SCHOLARSHIPS, COURSES, AND RANKING
- University of Exeter Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme UK– APPLY
- khalifa university: Scholarships, Admission, Courses Offered, Tuition Fee, Ranking.
- Study in the University of Pretoria: Admission, Ranking, Scholarships, Courses & Tuition Fees
- University of St Andrews Fully Funded Ph.D. Studentships for UK/EU Students
- Fully-Funded International Ph.D. Scholarships at the University of Konstanz in Germany
- University of Cambridge Ph.D. Studentship in Biology UK
- Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Full-Time Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships
- 25 University of Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships in UK