Sweet Sixteen Novel Summary – Sweet Sixteen Questions and Answers
Do you know that Sweet Sixteen is the official JAMB Novel for 2020 JAMB candidates? If you’re searching for Sweet Sixteen Novel pdf, Sweet sixteen summary, or where you can easily download sweet sixteen novel chapter by chapter online, it’s 100% FREE and available on Dailyschoolnews Nigeria.
Sweet Sixteen Additional information:
Author: Bolaji Abdullahi
Publisher: TND Press
Publication Year: 1st February 2017.
Genre: Fiction (Genre is defined as a type of art, literature, or music characterized by a specific form, content, and style.)
Main Character: Aliya Bello.
SWEET SIXTEEN LIKELY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
1. What was the introductory statement on Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER = “How time flies”.
2. What is the title of Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= “Letter to my daughter”
3. What was so special about Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= It had 16 pages and each page for each year of her life.
4. What surprised Aliya about her 16th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= She thought her dad copied Maya Angelou’s work with the title “letter to my daughter”, but was surprised to see her dad copied only the title and wrote the letter in his words.
5. What was the title of Aliya’s 12th birthday letter?
CORRECT ANSWER= Happy birthday my first lady, remember only God is greater than you.
6. Who is the protagonist in the book sweet sixteen?
CORRECT ANSWER= Aliya.
7. In the department of rascality and smartness who was the gold medallist?
CORRECT ANSWER= Akin.
8. To Aliya what is the meaning of being dumb?
CORRECT ANSWER: Not being intelligent.
9. What is the title of chapter one of sweet sixteen?
ANSWER = the letter.
10. What is Aliya’s mother’s profession?
11. What is the name of Aliya’s father?
ANSWER: Mr. Bello.
12. To Aliya being called a child is the same thing as?
13. At the birth of Aliya, what was her father’s profession?
14. The only thing Aliya’s father thought was worth celebrating was?
ANSWER: Achievements, not birthday.
15. The name of the writer of sweet sixteen is?
ANSWER: Bolaji Abdullahi.
16. What name disgusted Aliya most?
ANSWER: you could call her chubby, plump but not fat.
17. At What age did Aliya start wearing a bra?
ANSWER: at the age of ten.
18. At what age did Aliya get into secondary school?
19. What was Aliya’s perception of her roommate “Grace”?
ANSWER: She was a nice and generous person.
20. What was the proof that Aliya was serious in her chemistry for the term?
ANSWER: It reflected in her continuous Assessment and she made an A at the end of the term.
21. What kind of girls did Mr. Bello say boys like?
ANSWER: Dumb girls.
22. According to sweet sixteen, what is the main aim of a chess game?
ANSWER: to capture opponents king.
23. Why did Aliya not return Tokunbos teddy bear which he gave her on Valentine’s Day?
ANSWER: She thought she won’t do that without hurting him.
24. What is Aliya’s religion?
ANSWER: Islamic religion.
25. What was Aliya’s sixteenth birthday present?
ANSWER: A portable digital Camera.
26. What was Aliya doing when grace returned from the bathroom on Aliya’s 16th birthday?
ANSWER: Dressing her bed.
27. What are the definitions Mr. Bello gives as the meaning of dumb girls?
ANSWER: A girl who needs to live up to people’s expectation.
28. What statement does Aliya’s father make to end discussions during visiting days?
ANSWER: “By the way do you still have your inhalers”
29. What sickness was Aliya suffering from?
30. What advice did Aliya’s father give to her when she asked if she could return the teddy to bobo.
ANSWER: “Well, it is a decision you have to make for yourself”.
31. Mention two incidence that stopped Aliya from returning Bobo’s teddy to him?
ANSWER: the duty master approaching them in their mode of discussion and secondly Tokunbo traveling to Ireland.
32. What is Bobo’s real name?
33. She felt she could be charged for the number of words she spoke, who is this?
34. Apart from Public relations job, another occupation considered by Aliya’s mother for her father is?
ANSWER: Stand-up Comedy
35. Who is the king of boys according to the novel?
36. What did Aliya’s friends tell her about having male siblings?
ANSWER: they are annoying.
37. What was the name of Aliya’s mathematics teacher?
ANSWER: Miss Salako.
38. “Must you always be a jerk, she asked menacingly” who was this statement referring to and why?
ANSWER: To Akin because he pronounced mensuration as menstruation which made the whole class burst into laughter.
39. What was people’s perception of Grace?
ANSWER: People thought she was a snob because she does not like talking.
40. Aliya’s birthday gift while in school was mostly given to her by?
ANSWER: the principal.
41. What was written on the teddy bears heart-shaped embossment that was given to Aliya by Tokunbo?
ANSWER: I love you.
42. To perform well in the terminal examination what did Aliya plan to do?
ANSWER: to improve her correct answering speed by taking off five minutes allowed to each question.
43. At primary school, Aliya’s father was working with a?
44. Who is Tokunbo to Aiyu?
Answer: The first guy to tell her “I Love You”.
Download Complete Sweet Sixteen PDF.
Download Sweet Sixteen Questions and Answers Online Free.
This pdf contains about 150 questions you are likely to come across in your JAMB UTME/DE examination.
How long it would take me to finish sweet 16?
Most jambites who find it difficult to read novels are skeptical on how to read through this novel before the JAMB date. However, you can use this trick. If you study 10 pages of this JAMB novel daily, you’ll read through the 157 pages in 15 days. Academically, it’s advisable to read through this novel twice before sitting for the JAMB Examination.
How/Where to Buy Sweet Sixteen?
This novel is available at Bookstores nationwide and can be gotten through JAMB computer-based centers. In the JAMB Centers, you’ll be given the novel once you register for the JAMB examination.
Sweet Sixteen Description.
This novel is about a young girl who is about to reach her sixteen birthday. From the beginning of this novel, the main character, Aliya constantly reminds her father that she is not a child anymore, but a young adult. Her father, Mr. Bello does not always agree with her.
However, as she is approaching her sixteen (16) birthday, he is sitting up and taking notice of her and the changes she will start experiencing. The birthday card that was expected from him is replaced by a present and without any restriction letter, a page for each year she has lived.
The letter records the lessons he has always tried teaching her and the wisdom he has attempted to pass to her. The no-hold-barred letter gives answers to the burning questions she has been asking about life and sometimes shows through the cluelessness of parental units.
Aliya questions who she is and why she is; However, the wisdom of her father provides a guide on this journey of discovery. An engaging coming of age guide on life and love for the teenage girl who wants to understand the world.
“Sweet Sixteen” Summary.
Going through Bolaji Abdullahi’s Sweet Sixteen novel, you’ll discover that the protagonist, 16-year-old Aliya, whom her father refers to adoringly as ‘My First Lady,’ bombards her father with numerous questions, some of which threw her journalist father off balance.
One of those questions springs from teenage slangs her friends used. For example, Aliyu asked her father: “Okay Daddy, what does HAK and KOTL mean?,’’ Aliya asked. And when the father expressed his ignorance of the acronyms, Aliya for once, felt she knew something her journalist father don’t know: “HAK means Hugs and Kisses” while KOTL means “Kiss On The Lips”.
She surprised her father with the news that some students were caught on the school’s basketball court at night having “Šε×”, Mr. Bello was dumbfounded and almost fainted. ‘’But…how do you know all these?,’’ he asked almost in consternation, to which Aliya replied: ‘’Come on Daddy, everybody knows these things.”
This is the author, Bolaji Abdullahi’s first fictional work, although he has written extensively over the years on politics, policy, and development. Through this novel, Bolaji Abdullahi laid bare in an absorbing page-turner, murky truths, and forbidden issues in the ever-challenging world of teenagers and young adults in the 21st century.
Take note that this JAMB novel, Sweet Sixteen is divided into seven sections as listed below;
- The Letter,
- The Drive,
- The Gandhi Test,
However, going through this novel, you’ll discover that Sweet Sixteen’s central focus is a series of conversations between Mr. Bello and her 16-year-old intelligent daughter who is ahead of her peers on the ‘facts of life.’
However, Nigerians may not fully support the notion of this book and its contents. The author believed that, just as Aliya had said in Sweet Sixteen, most teenagers are already aware of what adults seem to be hiding from them and are not comfortable discussing it around adults.
When writing the novel Sweet Sixteen, the author, Bolaji Abdullahi who was a former Nigerian Minister of Youths and Sports, among other previously held jobs, must have critically weighed the above positions before taking on a wide range of young adult topics ranging from bullying, dating, stereotype, ethics and s3x education, among others.
Through this novel, the author finds common ground to answer these young adults questions through a good ally, Aliya Bello, a teenager with a curious, fascinating and inquisitive mind and a devoted and responsible father.
Mr. Bello decided to take responsibility for the education of his daughter, including the tricky but very important aspect of educating her about s3x, what it is and why youths should not carelessly indulge in it.
Through the questions asked by Aliyu Bello, the Father answered these tricky questions and this result in quite a compelling and fascinating tale, loaded with morality and textured with rich lyrical prose and young adult lingo.
From the storyline, you’ll discover that Aliyu comes from an upper-middle-class family, where she is provided with luxuriant meals, leisurely Saturday drives and her mother, Mrs. Bello, the nurse, often distant from father and daughter.