The Sara Scholarship for Female High School Seniors
It pays to be an all-around student. By all-around, we mean a student who is excellent academically, possesses good character, and a good sportsman. If you’re this kind of Student, you reside in the USA, and you are in need of financial support for your education, then the Sara scholarship is for you.
Sara was a true golfer who possessed a lifelong passion for the game. Whether in good or ill health, she played as much as she could later in life managing only a few holes at a time.
The Sara Scholarship was established in 2012 as part of the final will of Sara Sheehan, who passed away in 2011.
The award, funded through the Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation, is granted annually to female high school seniors who plan to pursue a college degree and who demonstrate academic achievement, the excellence of character, financial need, and active engagement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion.
The Sara Scholarship awards $2000 per year to be applied towards tuition, books, board, and other expenses.
Level/Field of Study
The Sara Scholarship is available to high school female senior students who plan to pursue a college degree and who have some involvement with the sport of golf.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you. Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship is open to international students. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for international students
$2,000 annually, renewable for up to three additional years for a total of $8,000. Scholarships are to be used toward tuition, books, board, and other college expenses.
To be eligible for renewal, the applicant must:
- Satisfactorily complete the renewal application
- Continue her standing as a full-time student (a minimum of 12-course hours per semester) in the same accredited college or university, or transfer to a school of similar standing as a full-time student
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.1 (C+ average) for her first year and a minimum GPA of 3.0 (B average) for each consecutive year
- Continue to demonstrate financial need
- Not incur disciplinary action from the college or university for infractions suggesting a lack of character
Here is the Sara scholarship Renewal form DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Who is eligible to apply for the Sara Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Sara Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be female
- Be high school seniors with the intention to graduate at the end of the school year
- Meet entrance requirements and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the United States
- Have a cumulative minimum unweighted GPA (grade point average) of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate excellent character and active involvement with the sport of golf. Skill in playing golf is not a criterion
- Examples include playing golf as a hobby or as part of a team, working at a golf course, as a caddy or in a pro shop, and any other direct, active engagement with the sport
The application must include These Supporting Documents
- Completed Sara Scholarship Application form
- Copy of Official High School Transcript (including Fall semester grades from the senior year)
- Applicant’s personal essay (see section VI of application)
- Copy of applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR), including the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- In order to qualify for the Sara Scholarship, you must first file a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) with the U.S. Department of Education to determine your eligibility for student aid. It is extremely important to do this as soon as possible, as the application takes time to process and deadlines vary from state to state. Once your application is processed, the Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) detailing your eligibility for aid
- ONE letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, or administrator such as a principal. As an alternative, a letter of recommendation from a local business or professional person is acceptable. Please send only ONE letter of recommendation
How To Apply For The Sara Scholarship
The application can be downloaded from the link below. DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
MAIL APPLICATIONS TO
The Sara Scholarship
The Henry & Sara Sheehan Foundation
310 N. Kensington Ave.
LaGrange Park, IL. 60526
Sara Scholarships Deadline:
The completed Sara Scholarship application and all supporting documents (see application checklist above) must be put in the same envelope and postmarked on or before April 30 annually.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.sarascholarship.org/
The application deadline for Sara’s scholarship is April 30, 2021.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND