Universities Offering Biology, WAEC, JAMB Subject Combination
Do you want to study Biology at a Nigerian University? then you must read through this page carefully. You need to know that a single mistake on your side may hinder your admission to study Biology in your selected institution.
Through this page, we’ll be providing you with the following:
- Complete O’level requirements (WAEC, NECO, GCE) for Biology,
- JAMB Biology subject combinations,
- Direct Entry requirements (A’level) for Biology course,
- List of National Universities Commissions (NUC) approved and accredited universities offering Biology.
Biology Aggregate score for Admission.
All Nigerian universities calculate candidate’s aggregate scores and if your aggregate score is high, you stand a better chance of getting admitted. To calculate your aggregate score, your JAMB result (score), Post UTME score and WAEC result (grades) will be added and the aggregate score is what determines if you qualify to study Biology.
Recommended: How to calculate Aggregate score.
It is important for you to know that candidates (applicants) who got their O’level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Biology than candidates using two sittings to apply for admission.
What is Biology?
Biology is generally the study of life in all its various forms, from simple viruses to complex organisms, including human beings. Through Biology, you get the chance of exploring the science that underpins developments in areas such as biotechnology, genetics, and treatments for disease.
Biology as a BSc program provides undergraduates a broad survey of the various biological disciplines, including:
Cell, and molecular biology,
- Infection and immunity,
- Physiology of animals and plants.
You learn how biology influences our everyday lives and drives social change.
We discover that various Universities in Nigeria adds Biology in different faculties. Biology courses can be studied under various Faculties.
Biology UTME and Direct Entry Requirements.
Direct Entry Requirement for Biology:
- Applicants are required to provide Two (2) A-Level passes from Chemistry, Biology, Botany/Zoology.
- NCE merit accepted.
JAMB UTME Requirement for Biology.
Applicants applying for admission to study Biology through UTME (JAMB), should note that the general requirements of Nigerian Universities include:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any three (3) of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Further Maths, and Technical Drawing.
JAMB Subject combination for Biology.JAMB Admission Cut-off Mark for Biology.
Biology is a competitive course, and more students are coming to know this. However, what you should know is that the cut-off mark for Biology varies, depending on the school and number of candidates seeking admission into the institution.
However, the general official JAMB cut off mark to qualify you for your selected institution’s Post UTME/ Screening is 180 and above. We’ll recommend you score 200+ in your JAMB and Post UTME to stand a chance of getting admitted to study Biology.
You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks and see for yourself. For example, Unilag cuts off marks for Biology will be higher than the Michael Okpara University cut off marks for the same course (biology).
How Many Years does it take to study Biology?
Generally, Most universities in Nigeria registers Biology course as a four (4) years course.
List of Accredited Universities offering Biology.
This list contains both Federal and states Universities, including private Universities all accredited by the NUC.
Engineering Courses related to Biology.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Food Technology
- Micro-Biology and Immunology Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Engineering.
Biology related Courses.
- Biomedical engineering
- Food technologists
- Research Scientists in food technology industry
- Genetic engineering
- Public Health Entomology
- Molecular Biology
- Applied Biology
- Industrial Microbiology
- Applied Botany.
List of various Biology Courses (UnderGraduate).
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science (Honors)
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences (Honors)
- Bachelor of Science in Biosciences (Honors)
- Bachelor of Science in Bioinformatics.
- Bachelor of Science in Bioinformatics (Integrated).
- Bachelor of Science in Bioinformatics (Honors).
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Agricultural Chemistry.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (Honors).
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Biochemistry.
- Bachelor of Science in Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology.
- Bachelor of Science in Aquaculture and Fishery Microbiology.
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology.
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology (Honors).
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Animal Biotechnology.
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology.
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology (Honors).
- Bachelor of Science in Botany.
- Bachelor of Science in Botany (Honors).
- Bachelor of Science in Biostatistics.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science (Honors).
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Water Management.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management.
- Bachelor of Science in Home Science.
- Bachelor of Science in Home Science & Nutrition.
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics.
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics (Honors).
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science in Animal Genetics and Breeding.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science in Animal Nutrition.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science in Animal Production and Management.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Anatomy and Histology.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Microbiology.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine.
- Bachelor of Technology in Bioengineering.
- Bachelor of Technology in Bioinformatics.
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology.
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.
Available Jobs for Biology Graduates:
- Plant Biochemist
- Weed Scientist
- Molecular Biologist
- Plant Explorer
- Forest Ranger
- Farming Consultant
- Biological Technician
- Agricultural Scientist, etc