- Job tittle: Farm Worker Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
- Company: Kahlon Farms Ltd
- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Vacancies: 2
- Salary: CAD $16.75 an hour
- Country: Canada
Kahlon Farms Ltd, a leading agricultural company in Canada, is seeking hardworking and dedicated Farm Workers to join our team. This role involves various farm duties and is crucial in ensuring the successful and efficient operation of our farm.
We welcome international candidates and offer visa sponsorship for those who are passionate about agriculture and willing to contribute to our farming activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 year or less than 5 years
- Planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops.
- Operating and maintaining farm machinery and equipment.
- Assisting in the care and feeding of livestock (if applicable).
- Monitoring crop and livestock health and reporting any issues.
- Following all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Assisting with general farm maintenance and other tasks as needed.
- Previous experience in farming or agricultural work is advantageous but not essential.
- Physical ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Willingness to work long hours, including early mornings and weekends, particularly during peak seasons.
- Basic knowledge of farm machinery operation (training will be provided).
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Eligibility for Canadian work visa sponsorship.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Visa sponsorship for eligible international candidates.
- On-the-job training and skill development opportunities.
- Accommodation options may be available.
- Being part of a dynamic and supportive agricultural team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply for the Farm Worker position by visiting the Kahlon Farms Ltd careers page. Complete the online application form and submit your resume along with any relevant work experience or skills.
Joining Kahlon Farms Ltd as a Farm Worker offers a chance to engage in vital agricultural work, contributing to the food supply chain in Canada. We value hard work, dedication, and the well-being of our employees. We look forward to welcoming new members to our team who are enthusiastic about agriculture and eager to learn.
In the sprawling landscapes of Canada, agriculture stands as a cornerstone of its economy. The country’s rich farmlands yield a diverse range of crops and livestock, creating an ongoing demand for skilled farm workers.
For foreign individuals seeking employment in Canada’s vibrant agricultural sector, the prospect of visa sponsorship opens doors to a rewarding career path in the heart of Canadian farms.
Understanding Farm Worker Jobs in Canada
Would You Like To Apply For This Jobs/Sponsorship?Enter Your Email Address HERE & You Will Receive a Notification About Your Application. If it shows "Subscribed" CLICK HERE to follow on Telegram for updates
Canada’s agricultural sector offers a spectrum of opportunities for farm workers. These roles vary from general labor to specialized tasks, including crop picking, livestock care, machinery operation, and more. The work is both dynamic and essential, contributing significantly to sustaining the country’s food production.
Importance of Farm Workers in Canada’s Agricultural Sector
Farm workers are the backbone of Canada’s agricultural landscape. Their dedication and hard work contribute directly to the country’s food supply. The impact of farm workers extends beyond agricultural production, playing a crucial role in shaping the economy and supporting rural communities across the nation.
Available Roles For Foreign Farm Workers In Canada
1. Crop Farm Worker:
Crop farm workers are integral in cultivating and harvesting crops, including fruits, vegetables, grains, and more. They assist in planting, tending, and monitoring crop growth, applying fertilizers, and ensuring proper irrigation.
- Planting seeds and seedlings.
- Managing weed control and pest management.
- Harvesting crops at peak readiness.
- Operating and maintaining agricultural machinery.
- Packing and sorting harvested produce.
2. Livestock Farm Worker:
Livestock farm workers play a pivotal role in caring for animals raised for meat, dairy, or other purposes. They ensure the health, well-being, and proper maintenance of livestock.
- Feeding, watering, and monitoring the health of animals.
- Assisting with birthing and breeding.
- Cleaning and maintaining animal shelters or barns.
- Administering vaccinations or medications as directed.
- Managing herd movements and assisting in transportation.
3. Dairy Farm Worker:
Dairy farm workers specifically focus on the care and management of dairy cows, ensuring milk production and animal welfare.
- Milking cows and maintaining milking equipment.
- Monitoring cow health and assisting with veterinary care.
- Feeding and caring for calves and heifers.
- Cleaning and sanitizing milking areas and equipment.
- Assisting with breeding and calving activities.
4. Poultry Farm Worker:
Poultry farm workers are responsible for the care, handling, and maintenance of poultry animals such as chickens, turkeys, or ducks.
- Feeding and watering poultry.
- Monitoring and controlling temperature and ventilation in housing.
- Collecting eggs and ensuring proper storage.
- Assisting with vaccinations and medications.
- Cleaning and sanitizing poultry housing areas.
5. Greenhouse Worker:
Greenhouse workers contribute to the cultivation and maintenance of plants in controlled environments, managing crops such as flowers, vegetables, and herbs.
- Seeding, planting, and transplanting crops.
- Monitoring and adjusting environmental conditions (temperature, humidity).
- Managing irrigation and fertilization systems.
- Pruning, trimming, and harvesting plants.
- Pest and disease control management.
6. Farm Machinery Operator:
Farm machinery operators specialize in operating and maintaining agricultural equipment crucial for various farming tasks.
- Operating tractors, harvesters, tillers, and other machinery.
- Performing routine maintenance and repairs.
- Ensuring safe and efficient use of equipment.
- Transporting crops, supplies, or equipment.
- Adhering to safety regulations and protocols.
Life as a Farm Worker in Canada
A typical day in the life of a farm worker entails various tasks, adapting to work hours, and embracing diverse working conditions. While challenges exist, such as physical labor and weather conditions, the job offers numerous rewarding aspects that make the experience fulfilling.
Cultural Experience and Integration
Working on Canadian farms allows foreign workers to engage in cultural exchange, immerse themselves in local communities, and gain exposure to Canadian customs and traditions.
Farm worker roles in Canada represent not just a job but a gateway to a fulfilling career. These positions provide opportunities for individuals seeking to contribute their skills and expertise to Canada’s agricultural sector while embracing a culturally enriching experience.