Fully funded Scholarships in the USA for International StudentsNow to the main business, this section will fully take you through the fully funded scholarships in the USA for International students. Although they are all fully funded scholarships, the features, scholarship duration, benefits and eligibility criteria are different from each other. The top 10 scholarships on this list include scholarships for Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees, PhD and fellowships. Find out the fully funded scholarships for International students below.
1. Bill Gates ScholarshipsThe first fully funded that will be discussed on this list is the Gates scholarship. The scholarship started some years ago and it is one of the best scholarships for international students. The scholarship is given to outstanding student leaders every year. The scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential. This scholarship is highly competitive and it is only awarded to outstanding minority and high school seniors from low-income families.Host Institution(s):Any of the US-accredited private or public colleges or universities.Level/Field of Study:Undergraduate Programs.Scholarship Duration:The four-year degree program,Scholarship Benefits:
- Tuition fees.
- Room rent.
- Book expenses
- Transportation, tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc
- Outstanding academic record in high school. Applicant must be part of the top 10% of his/her graduating class.
- Participation in extracurricular activities and community service.
- High school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- Minimum CGPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
2. Fulbright Scholarships
The Fulbright scholarship was created in 1946 and is the flagship international academic exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government, It has promoted cooperation between the United States and other nations.
- Living Allowance
- Tuition Fee
- Health insurance
- Visa Fee
- Settling-in allowance
- Flight Ticket
3. University of Hawaii – ADB ScholarshipThe University of Hawaii is one of the oldest public research universities in the United State. The ADB Scholarship at the University of Hawaii is a fully funded Scholarship for International Students in the USA. The scholarship will cover all the costs of the program as well as the other expenses.The University of Hawaii will provide scholarships to both US citizens and international students that will pay all costs. The Master’s Scholarship will last for two years. The ADB does not charge an application fee because the scholarship is fully funded. You should question yourself, “Why to Study in the United States?” as it is a fantastic opportunity. Below are the Complete Details and Application Process.Host Institution(s):University of Hawaii, USA.Level/Field of Study:Master’s and Doctoral Studies in any of the following fields: Economics, Business Administration, Oceanography, Business Administration (Global MBA-Japan Track), Geography, Ocean and Resources Engineering, Natural Resources & Environmental Management, Public Administration, etc.Scholarship Duration:3 Years.Scholarship Benefits:
- Full-time Tuition Fees for Master’s or Doctoral studies.
- Accommodations fee.
- Ticket fare from your country to the United States.
- Partial stipend for food and incidental expenses.
- Medical and Health insurance in the United States or Subsidy toward health insurance coverage.
- Books, materials and supplies Allowance.
- For scholars carrying out any research, special grants may be available for thesis preparation.
- Master’s Admission at an accredited academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with an outstanding academic record.
- At least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills.
- Must be under 35 years old at the time of application. And an age limit of 45 years for appropriate programs for senior officials and managers.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the program.
4. Stanford University ScholarshipStanford University also offers fully-funded Scholarships for international students to study in the USA. Stanford is one of the world-renowned universities in the world, they offer undergraduate, graduate(master’s and PhD), and MBA students free scholarships to study at Stanford University. Stanford scholarships give more than 1000 undergraduate and 100 Graduate students to study for any degree or PhD program offered in the school.This international student scholarship has no academic restrictions and you can apply from anywhere in the world. The University has a lot of Degree Programs in all fields. The best part is that the university does not require any SAT or ACT scores for undergraduate students.Host Institution(s):Stanford University, USA.Level/Field of Study:Bachelors, Masters, PhD, MS, MBA, MFA, MD, JD Degrees.Scholarship Duration:The Duration of the Scholarships for Undergraduate Students in the USA is 4 Years. For Masters, PhD, MBA, and other Programs, the Duration will be 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, and 5 Years.Scholarship Benefits:
- Financial assistance.
- Airfare tickets.
- Health, Stipends and other expenses
5. Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in the USA
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in the USA are fully funded non-graduate research on leadership development and professional cooperation scholarships for international students. Professionals who are interested in improving their management skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues that are frequently of concern in both their home countries and the U.S. are eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship Program.
Their research may clarify local, comparative, or global problems from the past or the present. Unless they are travelling for previously approved research, Academy Scholars are required to live in the Cambridge/Boston area for the duration of their appointments.Host Institution(s):Selected USA Universities.Level/Field of Study:200 Fellowships. (Non-degree program)Scholarship Duration:1 year.Scholarship Benefits:
- Living allowance(a one-time settling-in allowance).
- Health coverage.
- Full Tuition at chosen host university.
- Pre-academic English language training(optional)
- A book allowance.
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
- A one-time computer subsidy.
- Flight tickets to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events.
- First university degree(undergraduate)
- Minimum of five years of professional experience.
- English language proficiency.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Proof of active participation in community service.
6. Clark University ScholarshipsStudy in Massachusetts, the USA with Clark University Scholarships. There are fully funded undergraduate scholarships for international students. The scholarship program covers $15,000 to $25,000 each year for four years, only if you meet the required academic standards for renewal.The University was established in 1887 as the first all-graduate university in the country. They are committed to providing quality education that will birth positive change for their community and the world at large.Host Institution(s):Clark University, USA.Level/Field of Study:Undergraduate.Scholarship Duration:Four years.Scholarship Benefits:
- $ 15,000 to $25,000 every year for 4 years if you meet the required academic standards for renewal.
- An additional $5,000 in need-based financial aid.
- Yust be a first-year applicant (not a transfer student)
- Must have attended school abroad for at least 4 years. International citizens’ schooling in the United States will also be considered.
- Must have demonstrated potential community leadership and commitment to making a difference in the world.
- Outstanding academic results and contribution to other activities.
7. Boston University ScholarshipsThe University of Boston offers different categories of scholarships to international students. Boston university also offers private scholarships from different donors and sponsors. The scholarships are granted based on academic achievements, financial needs and other achievements. They are listed below:
- Merit-Based Scholarships: This scholarship is offered to international students based on academic, artistic and athletic achievements.
- Need-Based Scholarships: Awarded to international students who need financial aid. Their eligibility will be determined by their application.
- State Grants and Federal Grants: Eligibility for this scholarship is determined by the government.
- Full tuition fee
- Free food and accommodation
- Conference attending allowance
- Fixed cash award
- Monthly stipends
- Return tickets
- Book allowance
- Hostel room
- International students
- Proof of English proficiency
- Acceptance fee of $80
8. Yale University Scholarships USAYale University Scholarship for an international student is a fully funded scholarship for the undergraduate, graduate and PhD levels. Yale University offers several scholarships in the form of financial aid. The scholarship worth is determined by your parent’s income, finances and assets.A total of 63 out of 100% receive financial aid for undergraduate scholarships, graduate funding is determined by the department they choose and not the university. So you must apply to the department of your choice since the policy is different in each department. And PhD. students are offered fully funded scholarships, which cover the full tuition, annual stipend and hospitalization fellowship.Host Institution(s):Yale University, USA.About the Institution:The third-oldest university in the US, Yale University, was established in New Haven, Connecticut, in 1701. It was first established as a school to train clerics, but it quickly expanded to include many other academic disciplines. The Yale University alumni list is long and it includes distinguished Nobel Laureates, Supreme Court Justices, US Presidents, and Rhodes Scholars.This university, which is a member of the Ivy League, is among the best in the USA. Schools in the Ivy League are known for their reputation and intellectual prowess. Many high school students aspire of attending Ivy League universities because attendance at these institutions is practically a guarantee of future professional success.Level/Field of Study:Undergraduate, Masters, PhD.Scholarship Duration:It depends on the chosen Program from 2 to 5 Academic Years.Scholarship Benefits:
- 100% of the need demonstrated by the family.
- over $70,000 each year
- English Proficiency Exam.TOEFL scores(600 on paper-based and 250 on computer-based ), IELTS scores(7) and Pearson test scores(70) all exams are internet based.
- Must be enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that helps students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
- If you stay in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless.
- Must be able to provide a supporting statement from a school official, financial aid officer, college access counsellor, or community leader.
- You have received or are eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- If your family receives public assistance.
9. University of Arizona ScholarshipsThe University of Arizona scholarships also allow international students to study for their Undergraduate, Master and PhD. Degree Programs. The university has over 100 majors and International Students and US Citizens are eligible to apply for any of their courses. You can apply and study without any English Language Proficiency. Arizona University is the Public University and the first University in Arizona State.Scholarships for international students in the USA are in different categories at this university, there are international Scholarships, Financial Aid, and international student Loans.Host Institution(s):University of Arizona, USALevel/Field of Study:Bachelors, Masters, PhD in the following fields: Agriculture Planning and development, Arts and Media, Bio and biomedical science, Business, economics, Communication, Journalism, Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Environment and sustainability, English Literature, Engineering and Technology, Education and human development, Culture and language, computer and information science.Scholarship Duration:Regular program period.Scholarship Benefits:
- $1,000 to $35,000 per academic session.
- International students and U.S citizens can apply.
- You are considered an International Student if:
- You are not a citizen of the United States of America, and you are not a U.S. Permanent Resident, Refugee, Asylee, or Jay Treaty status holder
- Must have a Bachelors’s Degree if applying to the Graduate Program.
- Must have a High School Degree if applying to the Undergraduate Program.
10. Harvard University ScholarshipHarvard University Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for postdoctoral research studies and participants will receive an annual stipend of $75,000 for 3 years.Host Institution(s):Harvard University, USA.Level/Field of Study:Postdoctoral / PhD in faculties of Law and social science.Scholarship Duration:Three years.Scholarship Benefits:Harvard Academy Scholars Program provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Annual stipend of $75,000.
- Funding for conference and research travels.
- Research assistants.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Scholars nearing dissertation completion must be able to submit degree conferral documentation issued by their university registrar’s office.
- Individuals who hold or have completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.