As a Farm Worker at the Federation de l’UPA-Estrie de Sherbrooke, you will play a vital role in supporting the day-to-day operations of our farms. Your responsibilities will involve performing various manual tasks related to crop cultivation, livestock care, and general farm maintenance.
You will work closely with a team of dedicated professionals in a dynamic agricultural environment. This position requires physical endurance, a strong work ethic, and a genuine passion for sustainable farming practices.
Employer Name: FEDERATION DE L’UPA-ESTRIE DE SHERBROOKE
Job Location: 7210 Chemin Roberge, Valcourt, Quebec, Canada, J0E1W0
Job Position: Farm Worker
No. of Vacancies: 10
Term of Employment: Permanent
Salary: CAD 15.00-20.00 Hourly
- 0-2 years of Experience
- Crop Cultivation:
- Prepare and maintain soil for planting by tilling, fertilizing, and applying appropriate amendments.
- Assist with seeding, transplanting, and harvesting crops according to established guidelines and schedules.
- Monitor plant health, identify pests and diseases, and apply necessary treatments.
- Operate and maintain farm equipment and machinery, such as tractors and irrigation systems.
- Livestock Care:
- Support the care and feeding of livestock, including cattle, poultry, or other farm animals.
- Maintain clean and sanitary animal housing facilities.
- Assist with handling, sorting, and transportation of animals as required.
- Monitor animal behavior, health, and welfare, and report any concerns to the supervisor.
- General Farm Maintenance:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, including repairing fences, maintaining equipment, and cleaning farm structures.
- Assist in the construction and repair of farm infrastructure.
- Participate in general farm cleanup and organization.
- Ensure a safe and tidy working environment.
- Sustainable Practices:
- Promote and implement sustainable farming practices, such as organic farming, crop rotation, or soil conservation.
- Participate in composting, recycling, and waste management efforts on the farm.
- Follow guidelines for responsible use of resources, including water and energy conservation.
- Health and Safety:
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment.
- Properly use and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Report any safety hazards, accidents, or incidents to the supervisor promptly.
- Teamwork and Communication:
- Collaborate with team members to ensure efficient completion of daily farm tasks.
- Follow instructions from supervisors and provide assistance as needed.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors to facilitate smooth operations.
- Prior experience in farm work or agriculture is preferred but not mandatory.
- Physical stamina and the ability to perform manual labor in various weather conditions.
- Familiarity with farm equipment and machinery operation is an asset.
- Basic understanding of agricultural practices, crop care, and livestock management.
- Strong work ethic, reliability, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to follow instructions.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Farm Worker position in Canada, please submit your CV/Resume to the following contact:
Contact Person: Centre d’emploi agricole Estrie
Email: [email protected]
Please ensure that your CV/Resume highlights your relevant experience, skills, and qualifications for the Farm Worker role. We look forward to receiving your application and considering you for this exciting opportunity in Valcourt, Quebec, Canada. If you have any questions or need further information, don’t hesitate to reach out via the provided email address. Good luck with your application!
1. Is prior experience in farming or agriculture required for the Farm Worker position at Federation de l’UPA-Estrie de Sherbrooke?
Prior experience is preferred but not mandatory. We value candidates with a genuine passion for farming and a willingness to learn.
Would You Like To Apply For This Jobs/Sponsorship?Enter Your Email Address HERE & You Will Receive a Notification About Your Application. If it shows "Subscribed" CLICK HERE to follow on Telegram for updates
2. What types of crops and livestock are typically managed at Federation de l’UPA-Estrie de Sherbrooke?
Our farm engages in a variety of agricultural activities, including crop cultivation and livestock care. The specific crops and livestock may vary seasonally, but typically include a range of vegetables and farm animals.
3. Are there opportunities for career growth within Federation de l’UPA-Estrie de Sherbrooke?
Yes, we encourage the professional development of our team members. Dedicated and hardworking employees may have the opportunity to take on more responsibilities or explore specialized roles within our farm operations.
4. What is the work environment like at Federation de l’UPA-Estrie de Sherbrooke?
You will work in a dynamic agricultural environment that includes both outdoor and indoor tasks. Be prepared to work in various weather conditions as the farm operates year-round.
5. What is the significance of sustainable farming practices at Federation de l’UPA-Estrie de Sherbrooke?
We are committed to sustainable farming practices that prioritize environmental responsibility. This includes practices such as organic farming, crop rotation, and responsible resource management.
Becoming a Farm Worker at Federation de l’UPA-Estrie de Sherbrooke is an opportunity to be an integral part of a sustainable farming operation. Your dedication and passion for farming will contribute to the success of our day-to-day operations. If you are ready to embrace the challenges and rewards of working in agriculture, we encourage you to apply and join our team in Valcourt, Quebec, Canada. Together, we’ll continue to promote sustainable farming practices and ensure the well-being of our farm and community.