Grab an opportunity to study for free in Canada by applying for admission on University of Calgary Scholarships for the next class for all majors and degree levels.
Has Canada always been on your bucket list? But why visit the country for a few weeks when you can spend a good 4 years there? How?
By getting enrolled in a Canadian university to complete your tertiary education.
There are a number of benefits of getting enrolled in a Canadian university, the prime one being the fact that Canadian universities are internationally recognized. Moreover, the education in Canada is top quality, giving students pioneering Canadian Scholarships opportunities and exposure to a multicultural society, apart from giving other long-term benefits, such as job opportunities after graduation.
English Language Requirements of University of Calgary
The applicants are not required to submit an IELTS exam certificate to apply for admission at the University of Calgary if English Language Proficiency can be proven with any acceptable IELTS alternative exam. The acceptable IELTS alternative exams at the University of Calgary are;
- IELTS of 6.5+
Fascinated by the idea of getting enrolled in a renowned research institute in Canada? Get to know more about admissions, the acceptance and rejection rates, and the waiting list system at one of the most prestigious universities in Canada, the University of Calgary, by reading this article till the last.
Average Acceptance Rate of University of Calgary is 15%
The University of Calgary has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors since its establishment. These awards include both academic and award-based rankings. Not only this, but the top quality of education being imparted to students at the University of Calgary makes way to the passing out students being the top choice for employers, both in Canada and many other developed countries of the world.
The University of Calgary opens its admissions in two sessions; the fall and the winter sessions. This prestigious research university in Canada is home to nearly 33,000 students, 20% of them being international. However, admissions at the University of Calgary are extremely competitive and have tedious requirements regarding the educational backgrounds of applicants.
Following is the exact rate of students in percentage whose applications are accepted and rejected each academic year:
Acceptance rate at the University of Calgary: 10-20%
The acceptance rate at the University of Calgary is 10 to 20%.
Rejection rate at the University of Calgary: 80-90%
The rejection rate at the University of Calgary is 80 to 90% for the year 2024.
Admissions Waiting List at the University of Calgary:-
Would You Like To Apply For This Jobs/Sponsorship?Enter Your Email Address HERE & You Will Receive a Notification About Your Application. If it shows "Subscribed" CLICK HERE to follow on Telegram for updates
The University of Calgary has a predetermined number of seats for each course program. If a course is full, forthcoming applicants may not be able to apply to the particular degree program.
However, they will have the chance to apply to the waiting list system maintained by the management at the University of Calgary. If the waiting list functionality is available, candidates can acquire a seat for themselves on the waitlist. If in case, a student decides to drop out of a course, his seat will be vacated and will automatically be occupied by a student on the waiting list.
However, there are some conditions under which a student will not be given access to a course, despite being on the waiting list. Some of the common conditions are as follows:
For new candidates:
- If the student does not meet the prerequisites for the course
- If the course is restricted to a specific degree program or major that the student is not in
For enrolled students:
- If the student is having a time clash in attending the course because of a component course
- If the student has already enrolled himself in the maximum number of courses for the particular semester.
University of Calgary Scholarships:-
The fee structure at the University of Calgary is quite feasible and affordable if compared to many renowned research universities of the world. The average annual tuition fee for Canadian residents amounts to 12,000 CAD while international students are subject to an average annual tuition fee of just over 26,000 CAD.
However, for those students who cannot afford to fund the tuition fee for their tertiary education at the University of Calgary, the management has launched a number of scholarship programs at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, apart from the student loans and emergency funding schemes.
Following are some of the most common scholarship programs initiated by the University of Calgary to financially assist the students:
- University of Calgary Awards for International Student-Athletes
- University of Calgary International Undergraduate Awards
- Metis Scholars Undergraduate Awards
- Elizabeth and Walter Fairey Bursary
- D.H Greggs Indigenous Awards
- Dr. Michelle Hucul Indigenous Leadership Awards
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Loran Scholars
- Laurence Decore Awards
- Dr. Gary McPherson Scholarships
- Jason Lang Scholarships
- Louis McKinney Scholarships
- Graduate Students Associate Support Bursary
- Indigenous Career Awards
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Postdoctoral Research Program- Government of Canada
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarships
- The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists
Additional Funding Resources for International Students at the University of Calgary:
- ALSA Academic Achievement Awards
- Canadian Federation of University Women Bursary
- Calgary Helen Steeves Memorial Scholarships in Law
- Evelyn M. Brown Legacy Bursary
- Jean and Rudy Radons Scholarships in Science
- Calgary Undergraduate Centennial Scholarships in Arts
- M. Jean Hicks deBruyn Scholarships in Education
- University of Alberta Calgary Alumni Branch Scholarships
- University of Calgary Alumni Association Bursary
- University of Calgary Bursaries in Medicine
- University of Calgary Bamfield Awards.
Get, Set, Go! Time to Start Application for University of Calgary:
Got to know all about admissions at the University of Calgary? What else are you waiting for? Try your luck and apply for either of the Calgary University scholarship programs listed above to get admission.
Good luck with your applications!