United States of America (USA) Scholarships for this class are available for online applications to national and international students.
American Scholarships Funding Package:
More or less, every scholarship offered in America comes with certain benefits which will be in line with the following listed funding grants (all or few of them):
- Completely free education in US University or College
- Partially free/discounted education in the US
- Partial or full payment for residence facility in the US
- Monthly stipend money (fully-funded US Scholarships only)
- Health insurance plan for students
- Airfare and local logistics coverage (fully-funded US Scholarships only)
- Conference or experimental work funding (fully-funded US Research Scholarships only)
US Admissions Without IELTS: Possible!
There is no need for the IELTS exam for US Scholarships if candidates can prove the required level of English Proficiency with IELTS alternative certificates.
Following is the list of IELTS alternate exams accepted for admissions in the USA:
- TOEFL iBT test
- Duolingo test
- Peterson’s PTE test
- Cambridge Advanced Professional English Test (CPE)
- Cambridge English tests (CAEL etc)
- Password English Test
America is one of the top countries that provide a huge number of US scholarships, fellowships, and bursaries to national and international students throughout the year.
It is a well-known fact that the USA is the most expensive country to study from and get a degree. But do not get demotivated by that fact. There are several other ways to get funding for education to study for free in the United States by applying for US Scholarships.
The international student can get funding in the US-sponsored by US Education Ministry; such as Fulbright Scholarship programs, and, there are many scholarships provided by US Universities as well to international students to study for free in the US.
Steps to Study in USA Without IELTS
In order to study in the USA without the IELTS requirement, you need to obtain any IELTS alternative certificate and then go through the following set of steps for seeking admission to a US college or University:
- Shortlist 3-5 US Universities as per your degree option
- Find out the acceptance rate of shortlisted universities
- Find out the entry requirements of shortlisted universities
- Figure out if you fulfill basic requirements
- Evaluate your chances of selection in shortlisted US Universities
- Find out the English language requirements of shortlisted Universities
- Find out which IELTS alternative exams are accepted in shortlisted countries
- Take IELTS alternative exams and obtain the required level of English Proficiency
- Check out degree-specific eligibility requirements of shortlisted US School
- Gather all required documents for scholarships/admission
- Submit an online admission/scholarship application
- Submit an application fee (If required); or check this list of US Universities without application fees
- Wait for the interview call or final results.
Here is the list of Scholarships provided by the US Universities and US Government to international students. Some are funded by institutions, some by the government, and some by private organizations. Hope this list of USA Scholarships will be helpful to you:
USA Government Scholarships | Fully-funded
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program – This is a program that provided non-degree scholarships to all international students who want to study in the US for 10 months.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program – This Fulbright scholarship is the most famous program offered to international students by the US government. This scholarship is for all graduate students, artists, and young professionals for 1 year or more. Not applicable to the medical stream.
USA Non-government Scholarship funding
- Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship – This scholarship is provided twice a year to foreign students to get an education in the US. Worth – 1,000 dollars.
- Science & Law School Scholarship – This Scholarship provides full education coverage to Science and Law students to study in any of the top 1000 ranked US universities.
- The Next Gen Scholarship Fund – This scholarship is provided to those foreign students who have at least a 3.0 GPA and have their name in a credited university in Virginia, Washington DC, or Maryland. Worth – 1,000 dollars.
US Scholarships for Asian Students
- Japan – United States Friendship Commission – This program was undertaken by the USA and Japan for the betterment of Japanese students studying in the US and vice versa.
- East – West Center Scholarships and Fellowships – This program provides scholarships to those students who are studying in the USA and coming from the Asia-Pacific region.
US Scholarships for Female Students
- MIT-Zaragoza Women in Logistics and SCM Scholarship – Scholarship for female students of any nation, age, and ethnicity, to take education from Zaragoza Logistics Center at MIT.
US Scholarships for Graduate Students
- Rotary Peace Fellowships: If a student is studying in one of the Rotary’s ‘Peace Centers’ then he will be provided a scholarship for completing his master’s degree.
US Scholarships for Developing Countries
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarships – This scholarship is provided to students from Africa studying in Africa and the US.
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme – This scholarship is for postgraduate foreign students from Africa.
- Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders – Students from sub-African countries of age ranging from 25 to 35 are given this scholarship. It mostly aims at making students rich in business and leadership skills.
US University Scholarships
- Following is the list of top American Scholarships without IELTS requirements if any acceptable IELTS alternative cert is available as proof of required English language proficiency of the candidate:
- University of Wisconsin Superior Non-resident Tuition Waiver Program – Scholarship for a foreign student studying at the University of Wisconsin.
- American University Emerging Leader Scholarship – Fee waiver for foreign students undertaking undergrad courses in the American University situated in Washington DC.
- University of Oregon International Scholarships – Provides scholarships to foreign students from across the globe studying at the University of Oregon.
- Brandeis University Wien International Scholarship Program – Scholarship for high-ranked students.
- University of Minnesota International Excellence Scholarships – Consists of 2 scholarships to foreign students at the University of Minnesota.
- Clark University Global Scholars Program – All first-year foreign students get a stipend of 2,500 dollars, as well as a scholarship of 10,000 dollars, which is awarded to them.
- University of Iowa Scholarships for International First-Year Students – Scholarship for first-year foreign students starting their courses in Autumn.
- Emory University Needs-Based Scholarship Program – Foreign students need to show up for their financial needs to get a scholarship in the university.
- University of Arkansas International Scholarships – Foreign students coming from various countries and background and studying at the University of Arkansas enjoys this scholarship.
- Harvard University Scholarships – It provides various scholarships to foreign students but is very much competitive.
- New York University Wagner International Scholarships – Scholarship to get an education at NYU Wagner Graduate School.
- Illinois State University International Awards – It boons foreign students with merit awards, assistance in graduation, and tuition fee waiver.
- Michigan State University International Scholarships – Several Scholarships for foreign students taking education in this university.
- Iowa State University International Merit Scholarships – High-ranked students only get a scholarship here.
- Yale University Scholarships – International Students can apply for fully funded Yale Scholarship programs as well as partially funded Yale Scholarship programs.
In conclusion, the United States presents an array of scholarships that empower students to pursue their academic ambitions without the constraints of financial hurdles or IELTS requirements. By harnessing these opportunities, you can embark on an enriching educational journey that opens doors to knowledge, growth, and a brighter future.