Gates Cambridge Scholarships (University of Cambridge) For International Students
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. The first class of scholars came into residence in October 2001.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
The scholarship fully-funded for international students. This scholarship is offered for Master’s and Ph.D. studies and it provides a £17,500 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000, and a family allowance up to £10,120.
UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE, United Kingdom
- The University Composition Fee
- A maintenance allowance for a single student: £17,848 for 12 months, for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years.
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course.
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
The Gate Cambridge also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding : from up to £500 to up to £2,000, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance : up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children. No funding for a partner.
- Fieldwork : you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD.
- Maternity/Paternity funding : intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship funding : for unforeseen difficulties.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
• a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course.
You must also show the following to be eligible:
- An academic excellence.
- An outstanding intellectual ability.
- Reasons for choice of course.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- And leadership potential.
Follow the following application instructions to apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
- Register an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information
- Submit these documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates reference: In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship.
- Answer the application questions.
- Submit the application
DEADLINE: JANUARY 6, 2022(ANNUAL)