Although Dubai is well-known as a tourist destination and a thriving business centre, it also features numerous colleges that are regarded as among the best in the world. Apart from the fact that Dubai colleges are among the best in the world, there are various other reasons why Nigerians and other international students prefer to study in Dubai.
There is the convenience of obtaining a student visa, which is simple and not as difficult as obtaining a student visa in many other foreign nations. There is also the fact that Dubai is incredibly technologically advanced, which makes studying easier. International students have access to cutting-edge technology and other amenities that make studying easier and stimulate inventive and creative thinking.
Furthermore, applying to study at most colleges in Dubai does not necessitate the requirement for a TOEFL or IELTS exam, as is the case in many other countries, therefore it is very possible to study in Dubai without taking the usual English language competence exams.
Dubai institutions are strategically located inside the city to allow for optimum interaction among all students, both local and international. The city’s universities are concentrated in an area known as the Dubai Knowledge Village. This promotes contact and intercultural learning with other international students from all around the world, as well as the promotion and appreciation of various cultures.
Basic Information for Obtaining a Student Visa for Dubai
Many Nigerians, particularly young people, who want to study in Dubai have questions about the procedure of applying for a student visa in Dubai. This is not complicated; with the right information, applying for a student visa in Dubai should be a breeze.
First and foremost, you must apply for and be admitted to your selected school in Dubai or the United Arab Emirates. Once this is completed, all you will need to do is gather all of the necessary paperwork, as the entire process of applying for a student visa in Dubai will be initiated and assisted by your university. The
Once you have received your admission letter or offer letter for the related course of study from the school to which you applied, the visa application procedure will begin.
Dubai Student Visa Requirements
The following are the documents you must have on hand to ensure a smooth and successful application for your Dubai student visa. Without these documents, your student visa to Dubai may be denied.
Would You Like To Apply For This Jobs/Sponsorship?Enter Your Email Address HERE & You Will Receive a Notification About Your Application. If it shows "Subscribed" CLICK HERE to follow on Telegram for updates
- You must possess a valid e-passport ( it is preferable that this is not older than six months and has about two or more extras page for your visa to be stamped/ endorsed)
- You must also completely and accurately fill out your visa application form and sign where appropriate.
- Your valid Nigerian passport (coloured original and photocopy) to show your travel history, your bio-data page, your passport number and your photo page.
- If you have any previous passports, you should also make these available to reflect your travel history
- Twelve (12) recent coloured passport photographs taken on a white background and with your name written on the back. Ensure that these passports are 4.3cm by 5.5 cm in size.
- Possession of adequate funds to travel to Dubai and back to your country. Also, you must provide evidence of sufficient funds to sustain you while in Dubai studying and cover the cost of your education. You will need to provide proof of funds in terms of a bank statement of your account (not less than six months).
- Proof of internationally acceptable medical test results or certificates endorsed by an acceptable medical practitioner.
- Proof of internationally acceptable security clearance certificate.
- Evidence of payment of your visa fees for the current year of study as your visa is required to be renewed every year.
- Evidence of payment of your school fees or tuition for the current year of study.
- Evidence of payment of your accommodation fees in form of a letter from the university accommodation board or a tenancy agreement if you are staying outside the university campus.
- Proof of acceptance and admission into the school of study possibly your offer letter or admission letter.
- You must also make available any information on hotel booking, the address and phone number if applicable.
- A copy of your airline ticket specifically the Fly Dubai or Emirates airline ticket
Additional Information for Dubai Student Visa:
- Ensure that you fill out your forms honestly and accurately. Also, sign as appropriate. Do not be dishonest as the immigration officials will investigate and if you are found wanting, your visa may be disapproved.
- Although you may not be able to work in Dubai while you are still a student or using a student visa, it is very much acceptable to stay in the city after your education. This is as opposed to many other countries or cities that require you to go back to your home country once you are done with your studies. In Dubai, you can stay after your education, work and even earn a tax-free salary.
- The student visa application process is initiated and facilitated by the institution where you intend to study therefore you do not need to go through any application rigour except to provide your documents.
- Dubai student visas are only valid for one year and therefore require a renewal every year till the end of your study period.
- The period for processing a student visa in Dubai is about two to five weeks therefore you may want to apply to your school early so your application process can be initiated earlier without affecting your study calendar.