Skip to content
Jobs + Visa Sponsorship | Fully Funded Scholarships | Visa Sponsorsed Jobs In Canada | Jobs In UK + FREE CoS | Study In Canada On FREE Scholarship | USA Visa Sponsorsed Jobs | Fully Funded UK Scholarships | Canadian Visa    


How to Apply For Work Permit in USA | Work Permit Application

How to Apply For Work Permit in USA
Share This & Enjoy Fast Connection:

With the proper information and papers, apply for a work permit through US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). To do so, go to the USCIS website, download form I-765, and carefully fill out the required information according to the instructions.


As long as you provide all of the information requested on the form, as well as copies of official documents about your eligibility category, the process will be simple and quick. The USCIS will contact you within 90 days to let you know if your application has been granted.

Below are the Types of Work Visas That You Can Choose From

It is critical to obtain a work visa before applying for a work permit. A work visa is a form of employment authorization that allows someone to secure or accept a job offer in another nation. An employee will most likely require an employment visa as well as an additional work permit to pursue a profession in any country of their choice. US Work Visas Include:

Non-Immigrant Visas

This type of work visa, states that its holder is required to depart from the U.S. at the stipulated date that the visa expires unless its holder chooses to reapply and extend the date. The nonimmigrant visas below allow employees to only work for a specific employer in the USA.


This type of nonimmigrant visa allows employees to work for foreign businesses that are affiliated with U.S. companies. An employee who has transferred to the USA branch within their organization would be required to have this type of non-immigrant visa.  Additionally, employees who are sent by their company or organization to the USA to set up a branch will need this type of work visa.


And for employees to qualify, they need to have worked for a foreign company for one uninterrupted year within three years before entering the U.S. This visa is of two categories: L-1A and L-1B.


This is a non-immigrant visa meant for people who have extraordinary skills within their field. For this to be proven and demonstrated, they must be able to show that they have attained the top of their field with national or international recognition for their achievements.

H-1B Speciality Occupation

This is a popular type of work visa in the U.S. that is available to people from other countries whose job role is focused on a speciality occupation like; engineering or computer science.  This is a result of the high demands placed on this type of visa, bringing about an annual cap on the supply. To be able to qualify for this type of visa, you must have secured a job offer from a U.S.-based employer and you must also hold a speciality position.


E-1 is a type of visa that allows people from certain countries to visit the U.S. to carry on trade activities. People can as well obtain this type of work visa as Treaty Investors or Treaty Traders. However, for you to come to the U.S. as an investor, you need to have invested a large amount of money into a U.S based business, and you should be able to show you’re coming to develop your investment.


This work visa was created by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). It is specifically meant for Mexican or Canadian citizens who want to come to the U.S. to work for an employer. For you to qualify, it is mandatory to prove you are a citizen of any of the above mentioned countries, and have a job offer from a U.S. employer, with a position that qualifies you under NAFTA. Some examples of these kinds of jobs are lawyers, engineers, scientists, accountants, and pharmacists.

Immigrant Visas

An immigrant visa is a work visa that is issued to a foreign national who has plans of working and living in the U.S. permanently. Most of the time, employees may only be able to apply for these work visas after they must have moved into the U.S. It allows them to change their status to permanent residents to avoid the need of having to leave the country. Below are the types of visas found in this category:

EB-1 Multinational Executive

This Visa is similar to the L-1 nonimmigrant visa, it requires you to meet up with the same criteria. This includes; working for your foreign company for the past three years, as well as holding a managerial or executive role.

EB-1 Extraordinary Ability

For you to qualify for this type of immigrant work visa, you have to prove that you can meet up with at least three out of the 10 different criteria demonstrating extraordinary ability. These include; awards, membership in associations, publications about you or your work, publication in scholarly journals, a high salary, your original contributions to the field, exhibitions of your works, judging the works of others, and many other criteria.

EB-2 Advanced Degree

Would You Like To Apply For This Jobs/Sponsorship?

Enter Your Email Address HERE & You Will Receive a Notification About Your Application. If it shows "Subscribed" CLICK HERE to follow on Telegram for updates

You will need sponsorship by a U.S. employer, with a complete PERM certification process, to qualify for this work visa. Candidates are required to have a minimum of a master’s degree or a foreign equivalent because you will also need to show that the position you’re pursuing requires a minimum academic certification of a master’s degree in the U.S.

Australian Professional Speciality Visa

This applies to foreigners from Australia, their spouses and any of their children below the age of 21. The candidate must be going to work within a specific occupation in the U.S. There are usually a limited number of these visas issued every year, however, the spouse and children of the candidates do not count around that number. Applicants are expected to have a bachelor’s degree or a foreign equivalent, have the required special skill set that’s needed to fill a speciality position and have again had a job offer from a U.S. company

Important Steps on How to Apply for Work Permit in the USA

  • Visit the USCIS website, and download form I-765 entitled “Application for Employment Authorization.”
  • Carefully fill in the needed information following the instructions provided
  • After inputting information, submit the front and back copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record I-9 copy of a Federal Government-issued identity document such as; a passport indicating your name, date of birth and picture.
  • Submit proof of visa issued by the foreign consulate, or a national ID document with a photo
  • Two identical colour photographs of you, in both a white and off-white background, taken within thirty (30) days of filing your application must be submitted.
  • Carefully check the current I-765 application form to be sure you’re submitting the correct documents, photos, and fee.
  • Mail completed application to the USCIS Service Center that serves the area you live
Share This & Enjoy Fast Connection:

5 thoughts on “How to Apply For Work Permit in USA | Work Permit Application”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Would you like to receive daily scholarships updates + job offers & including special opportunities?