The program is eligible for needs-based awards LSE, including Graduate support Scheme, Masters Awards, and Anniversary scholarships. LSE also gives scholarships to students from specific backgrounds and awards students studying selected courses.
LSE-UCT offers a Double degree master’s in Global Media and Communications, this is a unique program that gives students the opportunity to study and gather experience in two cities (London and Los Angeles, Shanghai or Cape Town) with close connections and ties to global media industries.
Successful students will attend 2 top-ranking educational institutions, the London School of Economics (LSE) in London in your first year, and the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, Fudan University in Shanghai or the University of Cape Town (UCT) in South Africa. In our ever-increasing globalized world, international experience gained in one of any LSE Global programs is invaluable and gives students a great knowledge and experience base to work from.
London School of Economics and Political Sciences, University of Cape Town.
About London School of Economics and Political Sciences:
LSE is a highly diverse community that offers scholarships to students from over 140 different countries including South Africa. they encourage social, political, and economic discussions informed by different experiences and views. International students can study at undergraduate, and graduate levels. They reward students for studying specific academic areas, in addition to their need-based prizes.
- You will be able to study a range of theoretical courses at LSE, in order to develop your special interest, which would boost your independent research project on selected topics.
- Gain professional experience during your internship in cape town
- It will prepare you for high-level employment anywhere in the world
- Study a range of theoretical and /or practice-based courses at UCT and develop practical skills in an optional creative production at UCT
Application Procedures/ Requirements:
- Upper second class honors (2:1) degree or equivalent in social science, or a degree in another field with professional experience in media and communications.
- You only need to apply to LSE but you must meet both the LSE and UCT entry requirements.
- Competition for places at the school is high. This means that even if you meet our minimum entry requirement, this does not guarantee you an offer of admission.
- If you have studied or are studying outside of the UK then have a look at our Information for International Students to find out the entry requirements that apply to you.
- Academic achievement (including predicted and achieved grades)
- Statement of academic purpose
- Two academic references
To apply: Visit and search for your specific country and follow the instructions