Rhodes Trust Scholarships (Oxford University) For International Students
Brief Description :
The Rhodes international scholarships in the UK cover Oxford University (and College) fees as well as provide an annual stipend. For the academic year, the stipend will be £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Rhodes Scholars may study for any full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford.
Established through the Will of Cecil John Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes Scholarships are the oldest and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program in the world, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to undertake full-time postgraduate study at the University of Oxford.
The fellowship of Rhodes Scholars, worldwide and across generations, is active and over 7,000 strong. Each year, 95 Rhodes Scholars are selected from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide.
Oxford University UK
- A Rhodes Scholarship covers all University and College fees
- a living stipend (£17,310 per annum)
- settling-in allowance
- health insurance
- visa, two economy class flights to and from the UK for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years, subject always, and at all times, to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
You must meet either of the criteria below:
- On 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e., you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004).
OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- On 1 October 2022, you must not have reached your 27th birthday (i.e., have been born after 1 October 1995) AND you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2021
- You must have already completed or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that at a minimum meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford.
Given the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford, candidates will have a greater chance of successful admission to Oxford if they have a First-Class Honors Degree or equivalent or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher.
- You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
- If unsuccessful in your first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, you may subsequently re-apply only once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria
To submit an application for the Global Scholarship, you must obtain a letter of nomination from your university. Please note that you cannot nominate yourself. You will need to register the details of an appropriate nominator via the application form and you will only be able to submit your application once they have submitted their nomination. You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 1 August 2022.
August 1, 2022