Good news! Are you looking at enrolling for a postgraduate degree in the UK? If yes, then the GREAT Scholarship Program In the UK would be best for you. Applications are now open for the 2024/2025 academic calendar, suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
In this article, we shall be explaining in detail all you need to know about this scholarship including the requirements, benefits, and how to apply.
UK Government GREAT Scholarships Program
The GREAT Scholarship Program is offered by the University of Manchester, in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign. They’re offering about eight (8) scholarships to eligible students in the following countries; Nigeria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kenya, Mexico, Thailand, and Turkey.
These students must however be applying for one-year master’s programmes and will enroll in the 2024/25 academic year to be eligible to receive the award. Successful Candidates will have the opportunity to pursue a post-graduate taught Program at one of the 49 Participating UK Universities and have access to world-class UK higher education opportunities.
Benefits of the UK Government GREAT Scholarships Program 2024-2025
The program offers the following benefits to successfully selected Candidates:
- Provision of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing a one-year postgraduate program in the UK.
- The scholarship fund covers the tuition fee for one year Master’s program in specific subject areas for students from India and Nigeria.
- Scholarship recipients will be allowed to apply for courses in a range of subjects at the 49 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Summary of the UK Government GREAT Scholarships Program
- GREAT Scholarship Sponsor: UK Government/University of Manchester, UK
- Host Institution: University of Manchester
- Scholarship Worth: $10,000
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: International Student
Application Procedures for the UK Government GREAT Scholarship 2024/2025
To receive the award;
- Applicants must complete a GREAT scholarship application form with accurate information before the deadline.
- Upon Successful Application, applicants will be notified by 16 June 2024.
- It’s important to explore the relevant country profiles for further guidance with regard to scholarship opportunities for the applicant
- Visit the Official Website
To stand a chance of consideration for eligibility for GREAT Scholarships, all applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be offer holders with passports from the following countries: Bangladesh, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, and Turkey.
- The scholarship will be provided to a course/program that lasts longer than one year
- The GREAT Scholarship is offered for the first year of study only and at the postgraduate taught (Master’s) level only.
- Students must be pursuing full-time, on-campus postgraduate taught (MA, MSc) programs.
- The University must classify applicants to be eligible
- Must have identification as an international tuition fee payer
- The awards require recipients to participate in student ambassador and mentoring schemes.
June 01, 2024.