The U of A offers competitive tuition and cost of living when compared with other major universities, as well as many scholarship opportunities for international students. President’s International Distinction Scholarship is designed for students with exceptional admission average and demonstrated leadership qualities entering their first year of an undergraduate degree.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. International students, as well as Canadian citizens, are eligible for the University of Alberta Scholarships. The University of Alberta is ranked 150 in the world. It is ranked 5th among Canadian universities offering full Scholarships for international students in Canada to study Master’s programs and Ph.D. Degree Programs. First Premier University.
The University of Alberta offers over 500 graduate programs with 250 specializations and about 350 research areas. Alberta University finds out how to take your education to the next level. One of the perks of applying for University of Alberta scholarships is that the English proficiency test is not necessary. Presently, the population of international students makes up about 9% (7,000) of the student body
Number of Scholarships:
Important information for applicants:
- For undergraduate applications for a research-based experience, a written institutional collaboration and student exchange agreement or memorandum of understanding between the Canadian institution and the candidate’s home institution is desirable but not mandatory. Instead of an agreement, you will be required to provide a Letter of Invitation from the University of Alberta professor who has agreed to supervise you.
- For graduate applications, an inter-institutional agreement is desirable but not mandatory. If there is no existing exchange agreement, graduate applications that involve a new or established collaboration between professors from a Canadian institution and the candidate’s home institution will be accepted.
- Applications and required supporting documents should be submitted directly to the University of Alberta International by candidates or their home institution through our electronic application form. Applications entered directly by candidates through Momentum, the Government’s scholarship portal, will not be accepted. The University of Alberta International is responsible for submitting eligible applications received before our internal deadline through Momentum on the candidate’s behalf.
- Student applicants must be enrolled full-time in their proposed degree program at the time of application. For example, if the application period falls during a gap between the student’s Master’s and Ph.D. enrollment, unfortunately, they will not be deemed eligible for the 2022-2023 scholarship year. If this situation applies to you, CBIE recommends applying next year.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred and are not renewable.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously received a scholarship under any Global Affairs Canada scholarship program.
- Scholarships are not taxable for either the Canadian institution or the scholarship recipient.
- Please review the specific eligibility for each of these programs by clicking on the name of the scholarship
- Students with superior admission average and demonstrated leadership qualities entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit.
- must engage in full-time studies or research as defined by the Canadian institution;
- must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French) before their arrival in Canada, as the scholarship does not cover language training. Language requirements are set by each Canadian institution;
- in pharmacy, medicine, dentistry or other health fields are excluded from clinical training or clinically-oriented research involving direct patient-care;
- may not hold any other scholarship granted by the Government of Canada;
- enrolled in courses must arrive in Canada by September for the fall semester or by January for the winter semester;
- conducting research must arrive in Canada for the uptake of their award no later than February 1. Failure to arrive during this time may result in the cancellation of the scholarship;
- must ensure that they have appropriate health insurance for the full duration of the scholarship, as per the policies of the Canadian institution; and
- must focus primarily on full-time studies or research during their stay in Canada.
- are expected to return to their home institutions after the scholarship period in order to complete their studies
The scholarship amount for an undergraduate student is $120,000 CAD for up to four years.
Hello l love you very much