The University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships is intended to aid international students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster, etc.
The scholarship is available for students enrolled or intending to enroll in a full-time Master’s (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000 which includes full tuition fees, accommodation, and living costs.
Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000. The scholarship will cover full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three installments – October, January and April.
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are from a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster, etc.
- The scholarship is available for students in full-time Master’s programs (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self-funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However, you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
- You must now already have the required English qualifications to be able to study your chosen course, we will not be able to consider your application unless you meet these requirements. Details of the qualifications we accept can be found on the website. Please note that we also accept the WAEC qualification at a grade C6 or higher for students from certain African countries.
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in June.
If you are successful, you will be asked to submit a program application to the University and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
Please note – only successful students will be notified of the outcome. If you have not heard from us by 30 June then your application has not been successful.
Minimum entry requirements:
You must already meet the minimum academic and English Language entry requirements for your chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship.
- Students from the list of eligible countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme. Following a review of the scholarship scheme, from 6 May 2016 Pakistani students not studying a Master’s course in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) can now apply under the main Global Development Scholarship.
- To be considered for a place on our Master’s courses you will need to have achieved the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country.
- You will also need to meet our English Language requirements.