Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa For International Students (Fully Funded)
Pretoria University is a research-intensive institution. As a result, it is looking for Ph.D. candidates who will make substantial contributions to its research. The University of Pretoria has made funding available for two Ph.D. scholarships for students from Commonwealth countries as part of South Africa’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (excluding South African students).
This scholarship is known as the Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Pretoria and will be awarded on a competitive basis. The University of Pretoria has a well-deserved reputation for academic quality, particularly in its main research endeavors.
University of Pretoria
About Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa:
These Commonwealth Scholarships provide bright students from any Commonwealth country not only the host country with the opportunity to earn a degree while learning new skills and living in a different country. Tuition, a return trip, an arrival stipend, and a living allowance are all covered by the scholarships.
Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa is open to International and South African students. Students from a Commonwealth developing nation who meet the admission standards for postgraduate study at the individual schools are eligible to apply for Commonwealth Scholarships in South Africa.
The value of this Doctoral Scholarship is R170,000 and this amount must be used to cover the following student costs:
- Accommodation and living costs
- Fees p.a.
- Medical Aid
Note: Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor
Additional Costs Covered by the University Include:
- Flight ticket to RSA from the home country on proof of study permit
- Return flight ticket to home country at the end of the program as confirmed by the faculty
- Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion.
- UP application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
Costs not Covered by the University:
- Family expenses
- Additional baggage expenses
- Academic performance
- Potential to undertake advanced research activities
- you must be a citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth country
- Leadership qualities
- Evidence of research accomplishment at the master’s level by means of publications or other appropriate products of the work undertaken
- Prizes and honors received.
- The UP Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries
- Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria to commence in 2023
- Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral program no more than two years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application
- PhD and Master’s students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship.