Commonwealth Scholarships are given to talented individuals with the potential to make a positive impact on the global stage. As part of the UK’s ongoing commitment to the Commonwealth, each year around 800 students are given the chance to undertake postgraduate degrees at UK universities.
If you are from a Commonwealth country and believe you could make a difference in the world but you can’t afford to fund your UK studies on your own, then you could be the ideal candidate for a Commonwealth Scholarship. Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships program has been providing life-changing opportunities for students from all over the world to enroll in Master’s or Ph.D. programs in the best universities in the UK.
The Commonwealth offers financial assistance to future leaders from developing and underprivileged backgrounds based on their academic records and research publications. The Commonwealth program encourages motivated and talented candidates to pursue their education in a variety of fields to make contributions to sustainable development.
Commonwealth scholarships for international students in the UK includes:
- The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission offers:
- Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarships (for least developed countries and fragile states)
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships (for low- and middle-income countries)
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high-income countries)
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Most scholarships are fully funded, which means that, as well as covering your tuition fees, you will also receive your airfare to and from the UK, and a living allowance to support you while you are here.
- To apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth country. You will still be eligible if you are a refugee or British protected person.
- You also need to have an undergraduate honours degree of at least upper second class (2:1). If you wish to study a PhD, you will need an appropriate master’s degree too.
- Finally, you must be unable to afford to study in the UK without the scholarship.
- The eligibility criteria for each type of scholarship and fellowship vary. More information is available on the
To begin your online application, you’ll need a scanned copy of your passport, your academic transcript, your existing university degree certificate, two references and, if you have one, your admission letter.
Depending on which scholarship you are applying for, you may need to apply through a National Nominating agency, a university, or a non-governmental agency to find out how to apply for each of the scholarships, visit the CSC apply page. Annual deadlines for applications are usually in December. Check the page of the scholarship you are interested in at the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website to see the dates.
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 1, 2022(annual)
WEBSITE: Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website
It would be an honor if you grant me a scholarship into University of Cambridge for a bachelor degree program.. Into any of the defense courses. Thanks as I await your feedback