Pursue your studies in Australia. Good news! University of Sydney International Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
University of Sydney Scholarship is a fully funded masters and PhD scholarship for international students. This scholarship cover tuition fees and living allowance. Scholarship amount of $40,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
Please note that it may take up to four months from submission of your application to receiving an email on whether you have been successful. No separate scholarship application form is need to be submitted. To be considered for the scholarship, an application for admission to your research degree must be submitted.
To apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship (USydIS), the University of Sydney invites international candidates who are eligible to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program. The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): University of Sydney
- Study in: Australia
- Courses Offered: Any of University of Sydney Courses.
- Program Period: Two to four years depending on the course taken.
- Deadline: Admissions Deadline (Open all year round)
University of Sydney International Scholarships USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
- Scholarship amount of $40,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
- Scholarship amount of $20,000 payable for one year in two equal installments.
- Scholarship amount of $10,000 payable for one semester.
- Scholarship amount of $5,000 payable for one semester.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Sydney International Scholarships
To be eligible for the University of Sydney International Scholarships USydIS, you must:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Be an international student commencing full time enrollment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
How to Apply for University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS)?
Please follow the following application instructions to win University of Sydney International Scholarships USydIS:
(1) Choose a degree and check your eligibility:
Admission is highly competitive. Start by reviewing the types of degrees we offer and check the eligibility requirements for the research degree you would like to apply for.
(2) Develop your research ideas:
Carefully consider the subject of your research and find out if your interests align with any academic members of staff.
(3) Find a supervisor:
- You’ll need a staff member whose academic interests align with yours and who has agreed to mentor you for the duration of your course. Finding the right supervisor is just as critical as selecting a research topic.
- Use the Research Supervisor Connect database to search for current research supervisors and research projects. Use the “Contact Research Expert” button on the project page to submit an inquiry to a supervisor. It’s important for them to understand:
- your academic background and research experience
- the topic or area you would like to research
- why you would like them to supervise your project
- how your proposed research project aligns with their background and experience.
- To help support your research enquiry, you should include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Academic transcript for all your completed degrees.
- An initial research proposal. In no more than 2000 words demonstrate how your research experience aligns with the supervisor’s and why you’re interested in this opportunity. You’ll need to tailor your research proposal to each opportunity you enquire about. Refer to our Research Proposal Guidelines.
(4) Submit your application
(5) Assessment of your application
We will assess your application and advise you of one of the following outcomes.
- Acceptance to the program (an unconditional offer).
- A conditional offer. For example, if you don’t have all your academic results or if you didn’t meet the English language requirements, we may make you a conditional offer.
- An alternative offer. For example, if the faculty you’d applied to can’t offer a doctorate level, we may give you an alternative offer. You can apply to upgrade this qualification at the end of your research program if you satisfy the minimum academic requirements for the course as outlined in the faculty handbook.
We will not make any offers if you haven’t supplied sufficient documentation
Would You Like To Apply For This Jobs/Sponsorship?Enter Your Email Address HERE & You Will Receive a Notification About Your Application. If it shows "Subscribed" CLICK HERE to follow on Telegram for updates
- English proficiency: If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can enroll at the University of Sydney. Please check the full details for the English-language requirements for admission.
To know more about University of Sydney International Scholarships (USydIS), please visit official website:
Embark on a transformative academic journey in Australia with the University of Sydney International Scholarship, an esteemed opportunity for international students pursuing master’s or PhD studies. This comprehensive scholarship, covering tuition fees and offering a substantial living allowance, supports high-caliber research projects within the University’s diverse academic spectrum.
With the University of Sydney’s rich academic environment and research excellence, students can expect a vibrant and intellectually stimulating experience that fosters groundbreaking research and professional growth. Seize this opportunity to immerse yourself in cutting-edge research, contribute to the University’s scholarly community, and shape your academic future in the dynamic setting of Australia. Begin your application process today and take the first step toward an enriching academic pursuit at the University of Sydney.